A Guide to Coupon Option Defaults
These options are to set defaults for new coupons only and do not change existing coupons. The defaults can always be changed per coupon.
These options let you set the defaults for new coupons and you can choose the following:
- Expiration Option – choose the default expiration a new couple will have
- Expiration Date format – select either Day First or Month First
- Recurring Expiration – there are 2 different choices to make on setting up the recurring expiration
- X Days Expiration Expiration – set the default period to redeem a coupon from the day of the visit
With this option you can select what happens to a coupon after it has expired. Before 2.4 coupons remained published, but hidden. Now you can choose them to remain published or have them changed to draft. Setting them to drafts prevents them from being queried by the coupon loop shortcode.
Borders and Styles
These options let you set the default look of a coupon from the borders to the deal background color and text:
- Outer Border Styles – choose the border for the coupon
- Outer Border Color – choose a color
- Outer Border Radius- choose number in pixels for a radius
- Inner Border Color – choose a color
- Inner Border Radius- choose number in pixels for a radius
- Deal Background Color – choose a color
- Deal Text Color – choose a color
This is sections let you set background color and images for you coupons, this option can be used to set a default image as a water mark for all your coupons.
- Terms Text Color – sets the color of the text in main coupon content area
- Coupon Background Color – sets the color of the main coupon content area
- Background Image – sets background image for the main coupon content area
- The final 3 options determine how the background image will display